Thursday, December 22, 2011

Devotion for today: Come home for Christmas

The “O” Antiphon for today: O King of the Gentiles and their desired One, the Cornerstone that makes both one: Come, and deliver man, whom You formed out of the dust of the earth. Psalm2:7-8; Ephesians 2:14-20.

Scriptures for meditation: John 3:16-17 “Yes, God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him may not die, but may have eternal life. God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.”
John 6: 37-40: “All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me; no one who comes will I ever reject, because it is not to do My own will that I have come down from heaven, but to do the will of Him who sent Me. It is the will of Him who sent Me that I should lose nothing of what He has given Me; rather, that I should raise it up on the last day. Indeed, this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day.”

Christ revealed to Saint Faustina: (1777) “My daughter, know that My Heart is mercy itself. From this sea of mercy, graces flow out upon the whole world. No soul that has approached Me has ever gone away unconsoled. All misery gets buried in the depths of My mercy, and every saving and sanctifying grace flows from this fountain.” (1784) “How very much I desire the salvation of souls! My dearest secretary, write that I want to pour out My divine life into human souls and sanctify them, if only they were willing to accept My grace. The greatest sinners would achieve great sanctity, if only they would trust in My mercy. The very inner depths of My being are filled to overflowing with mercy, and it is being poured out upon all I have created. My delight is to act in a human soul and to fill it with My mercy and to justify it. My kingdom on earth is My life in the human soul.”Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, Marion Press, 2007

My thoughts: Christmas is almost here. For four weeks we have been preparing our homes and our hearts for the birth of Christ the King. Now it is time to ask ourselves if there is anything standing between us and God. Are we hurt, angered, frustrated or disappointed over God’s will in our lives? Do we find ourselves half-heartedly dragging ourselves to Sunday Mass or saying only rote prayers to avoid an emotional, personal conversation with God. Do we feel we have hurt too many people, done too many awful things, or just plain walked away from God too many times to believe He can really love us? Christ answers all these questions so simply. He wants everyone in heaven with Him at the end of life. He has so much mercy to pour into everyone’s heart that He is sad when we don’t ask for it.  Christ loves us very, very much. There is no sin, no anger, no hurt and no disappointment that He hasn’t already faced. This Christmas, truly believe that God loves you very, very much, and come home to Him, with all your heart, mind and soul. Don’t spend another Christmas afraid or angry. Kneel before the baby Jesus, accept His smile and extended arms as His personal gift to you, and give Him your heart. If you do, I promise you, this will be your best Christmas ever. Here is your new song, “I’ll be home for Christmas,” in the arms of my loving Savior.

Don't forget to say your Christmas Novena 15 times today for your special intention!
Christmas Novena
Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment
At which the Son of God was born
Of a most pure Virgin
At a stable at midnight in Bethlehem
In the piercing cold
At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee,
To hear my prayers and grant my desires
(mention request here). 
Through Jesus Christ and His most Blessed Mother.







No comments: