Sunday, March 11, 2012

Devotion for today: Come back to Me



 Scripture for meditation: Joel 2:12
 Yet even now," declares the Lord, "Return to Me with all your heart, And with fasting, weeping and mourning;

Have you found that you have fallen away from the Lord you once loved so much? Why not come back to Him this Lent. He is waiting for you with open arms.


Hosea by Gregory Norbert, O.P.

Come back to me with all your heart.
Don't let fear keep us apart.

Trees do bend, though straight and tall
So must we, to other's call.

Long have I waited for your coming, home to me and living, deeply our new lives.

The wilderness will lead you

to your heart where I will speak.

Integrity and justice, with tenderness, you shall know.

Long have I waited for your coming, home to me and living, deeply our new lives.

You shall sleep secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy.

Long have I waited for your coming, home to me and living, deeply our new lives.

© 1972 The Benedictine Foundation of the State of Vermont



Our Lord told Saint Faustina: “What joy fills My Heart when you return to Me. Because you are weak, I take you in My arms and carry you to the home of My Father. (Diary, 1488) No soul that has called upon My mercy has been disappointed or brought to shame. I delight particularly in a soul which has placed its trust in My goodness (diary of St. Faustina)











No comments: