Monday, May 20, 2013

Devotion for today: Prayer of St. Francis de Sales





Today on Meditative Monday, I offer for your study a prayer of St. Francis de Sales. Read each section very slowly, and commit yourself to God on each level. Do it prayerfully, and mean it. This prayer is a good daily prayer to keep us on the path to God

Lord, I am Yours,
And I must belong to no one but You.

My Soul is Yours,
And must live only by You,

My will is yours,
And must love only for You.

I must love You as my first cause,
Since I am from You.

I must love You as my end and rest,
Since I am from You.

 I must love You more than my own being,
Since my being subsists by You.

I must love You more than myself,
Since I am all Yours and all in You.

Amen.
(From “Treatise on the Love of God, by St. Francis de Sales)



No comments: