Saturday, January 14, 2012

Devotion for Saturday/Sunday: Ever Round His Throne

Anne Bronte reminds us that we should pray for everyone who needs salvation, even the worst sinners. Her hope is that by being purified by God, they will accept His mercy and begin to follow Him.

EVER ROUND HIS THRONE
By
Anne Bronte

Oh! there lives within my heart
A hope, long nursed by me;
(And should its cheering ray depart,
How dark my soul would be!)

That as in Adam all have died,
In Christ shall all men live;
And ever round His throne abide,
Eternal praise to give.

That even the wicked shall at last
Be fitted for the skies;
And when their dreadful doom is past,
 To life and light arise.

I ask not how remote the day,
Nor what the sinners’ woe,
Before their dross is purged away;
Enough for me to know

That when the cup of wrath is drained,
The metal purified,
They’ll cling to what they once disdained,
And live by Him that died.
(The Book of Uncommon Prayer, 1996, World Publishing)

No comments: