Sunday, July 8, 2012

Devotion for today:God's will: so be it

 
Your Will Be Done

Lord, you placed me in the world to be its salt.

I was afraid of committing myself,

afraid of being stained by the world.

I did not want to hear what “they” might say.

And my salt dissolved as if in water.

Forgive me, Jesus.

Lord, you placed me in the world

To be its light.

I was afraid of the shadows, afraid of the poverty.

I did not want to know other people.

And my light slowly faded away.

Forgive me, Jesus.

Lord, you placed me in the world

To live in community.

Thus you taught me to love, to share in life,

To struggle for bread and for justice,

Your truth incarnate in my life.

So be it, Jesus.

-Peggy M. de Cuehlo, from Bread of Tomorrow, edited by Janet Morley

(taken from A Maryknoll Book of Inspiration, edited by Michael Leach and Doris Goodnough, Orbis Books, 2010.)

No comments: