Saturday, March 9, 2013

Devotion for today: Dear Lord, I surrender myself to You



Here is a prayer we can all say to bring ourselves into total union with Jesus. It is taken from the book Full of Grace by Johnnette S. Benkovic, Servant Press, 2004. As you say this prayer, close your eyes and place yourself in front of Jesus.

Dear Jesus, in my journey through life,

 I have pridefully followed paths that have led me away from You.

I repent of my sins and I long to come home to You.

Inspired by Your Holy Spirit, I confess that You are the only begotten Son of God.

I ask You to be the Lord of my life.

Forgive me my sins as I surrender myself to Your healing love.

You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Strengthen me as I seek to place my feet in Your footsteps.

Thank you for your grace which has brought me home to You 

today. Amen.



No comments: